Saturday, September 20, 2008

Birds' Eye View

Today was the Oceana Naval Air Station Air Show, observed as part of the Virginia Beach Nepture Festival. We thought it would be nice if we watched the show from the rooftop of the Cavalier at the Oceanfront. It was really windy and cloudy and I wondered if they were going to go ahead with the show. They did, and we enjoyed the birds' eye view. I didn't get any really good shots because I kept running from side to side to see where they were and I had to be very careful not to get too close to the edge as there is no railing/protection to keep you from falling 11 stories off the top of the building. The United States Navy Blue Angels are a sight to see and the most magnificent machines. I took a couple of photos of us in front of the Cavalier Hotel sign on the oceanfront building and I also took a couple of shots of the Cavalier on the Hill. A pretty good day but the Blue Angels will be doing another show tomorrow and if it is sunnier and less windy, we might try again.

1 comment:

CuzLilBit said...

No railing??? You would have never gotten me up there! Kinda like "If there's any snakes, forget it!!" LilBit