Monday, September 8, 2008

My New Best Friends

My cousin Lil'Bit (well, that's what we called her 40 years ago!) and her two kids came to town this past weekend. On Friday my sister The Old Stewardess came down and picked me up and we took my cousin to visit with Dad in the Outer Banks - in Duck, the best vacation spot in the whole wide world. I had not seen my cousin in close to 20 years - she still looks the same! Her two kids are now my new best friends. (Cuz, if you don't want their pictures up, let me know and I'll take them down). We had such fun in such a short amount of time. We were expecting Tropical Storm Hannah to beat down on us but fortunately it skirted the OBX. Here are my buddies on the boardwalk down at the Currituck Sound by the Corolla Light House. We had just read a sign about the types of animals found in that habitat to include Cottonmouth water moccasins. I promise you we had no more read that sign and took two steps when I looked down and saw one up close and too personal. I screamed like a crazy woman and my cousin and her kids were calm as can be - squatting down looking over the side at this snake that was poised to strike. Scared the bejesus out of me. I hauled buns past the snake habitat and made it down to the sound and was able to experience a little bit of wind fury. It was really fun and I think they enjoyed it. Later in the day back at the surf shack we all hunkered down for some Pigman's barbeque. Delish! Here's a picture of my girl with Uncle Gene/Dad - as you can see they BOTH were having a good time.
Here is Lil'bit with the youngins. I hope they really enjoyed their trip and the change of scenery from Arkansas!

3 comments:

CuzLilBit said...

Oh, the kids loved to see this. You can surely keep their pictures up. (The other picture thing was because I don't approved of what was going on with My space.) We just had the best time. I told Annette that, believe it or not, you witnessed a birth this last weekend! I was so touched by what you said about your kids and your travels with them. Growing up is wonderful. I would never want to go back in time to when I didn't know these kids! Words cannot describe what OBX meant to me. I hope that we will never go that long again without getting together. Rob is insanely jealous about my time there and has begged me to think of going during the winter. I said we would think about it. I LOVE YOU! And my kids think that you are FABU! We will send some pics when we can. E.

Mom in 2 said...

Lil'Bit - it really was a special time and I am so glad I got to meet your munchkins and spend time with you. If you guys can swing it, it would be great to visit in the winter. As you know, Dad has the house 5 times a year and I know he would love to have you guys down at anytime. The beach has a different kind of magic in the winter. You are giving your kids the greatest gift - you are expanding their minds and showing them the rest of the world. Don't stop here. I love you too girlie.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Sarah and I'm with Dwellable. I was looking for blog posts about Corolla to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, drop me a line at Sarah(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Sarah