Friday, March 28, 2008

The Best Things in Texas

There are some really great things in Texas I have discovered (other than Dad and the Sullivans). One of them is the cowboys and the boots they wear. Real Texan men wear Wranglers, cowboy hats and boots. They also drive diesel trucks. I make this comment because I have fallen in love with......Lucchese boots! Today I purchased my third pair. Yep, third pair. Prior to today I had bought Luccheses on other visits to San Antonio. Hollywood has taken to wearing them quite a bit lately. Today's find was really yesterday's find - I found them yesterday and had to really think about it hard since Dan had told me not to buy any more boots. Well, after three phone calls telling him how much I really loved these, he agreed that I worked hard and deserved to have them. So much for my voice of reason. I went back today and had Albert (Alberto), the Tejano saleman retrieve my boots. He had hidden them back behind a bunch of other boots yesterday in case I decided to come back and buy them. Lucchese makes the very best boots and it is crazy how comfortable they are. These are brown distressed leathers and apparently all the rage right now (or so they say). I just know they feel great.

My second find of the day and one of the best things in Texas is El Pollo Loco!!! Muy bueno.

No comments: