Sunday, April 12, 2009

Okay, so I've been slackin'

Yes, indeed I have been slacking as it pertains to making blog entries. And its not as if I haven't had things to blog about. Fact is, since the last time I wrote, Hollywood has been home on her Spring Furlough and GMan was here for the week of his Spring Break. It seems I got out of the habit of taking my camera places with me. But going forward I should be able to do better because.....drumroll please!!!! OMG I am on an official extended Leave of Absence!!!!!!! Beginning tomorrow. I requested and was granted this time away and I am crazy with anticipation of what I am going to be able to get done. I made a list a mile long including (you can skip over this part if you want) Getting Hollywood into the Summer Language Institute in Morocco (done!), getting GMan registered for an SAT subject test, college visits with GMan (we've done UVA, W&L, W&M - next couple of weeks will visit UF & FSU), scrapbook our Europe trip, scrapbook Hollywood's rat year, register GMan for RCIA at church, clean office, get taxes together and done, paint GMan's room, finish re-doing master bedroom, college applicatons including essays, scores and transcripts, visit Dad (and Joe and Jeannie) in San Antonio, visit Memphis, hang out with kids, get everyone's passports renewed, get stuff out of storage, get safe deposit box, go by social security office, help sister with business, meet with GMan's counselor, book Hollywood's flights for ALI, pick up greeting cards, scrub the shower stall, change out mirrors in master bath, paint the 3rd floor bathroom, reconfigure mancave and so on. This is just a start. It is amazing to me how much gets put off because you work full time. Oh, I forgot to mention getting ahead of the laundry for once in my life. I can usually get everything washed and dried, but the folding and putting away part sometimes gets away from me.

So I am on LOA until October 12th from Wachovia/Wells Fargo. I have worked for this bank for 24.5 years. I was just a baby (dumb, stupid, naive baby) when I started working for the Bank of Virginia right out of college. We later changed our name to Signet Bank and we were subsequently bought by First Union National Bank. First Union later merged with Wachovia and then after the tumultuous events of this past summer, Wachovia was bought by Wells Fargo. Even though I've worked under 5 different bank names, I've always showed up to the same place all these years. The time just feels right to be away for a bit. Big Dad is a little nervous that I would take time off with the economy as it is but I'm not worried at all. I really appreciate his support.

I'm going to do a better job in posting in the future but right now I need to jump in the shower to be ready to hunker down in exactly 1 hour for my all-time favorite show, The Amazing Race. Bye y'all.

2 comments:

CuzLilBit said...

When ya comin' to Memphus?? E.

Mom in 2 said...

Hi Girlie - I am going to try and go with The Stewardess when Dad goes which I think is soon. I need to check - probably some time in May. How are your youngins?