Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Love Teenagers

I could shout it from the top of my lungs - I LOVE teenagers - especially my two. There comes a time in life when they become your companions instead of little people who need to be watched over. Don't get me wrong, I worry endlessly about them. But I try not to let them see that part. These two kids make me laugh and are the very best company a person could want. A very rich reward. And.....one of the very best things is that they can actually DO THINGS for you. For instance, at this very moment (10:30 pm), they are out picking up a last minute gift card and a stick of butter for me! They are happy to rearrange the cars in the driveway. They are happy to run up to the grocery store. They are happy to accompany me anywhere. They made my lunch today and when they get back tonight, they are going to make a pumpkin pie and oatmeal cookies for a holiday party! This just kind of seemed to have happened overnight. I guess the fact that Hollywood has to fiercely fend for herself at school now has made for a whole different tone. Me likey.

4 comments:

Blondie said...

Butter? BUTTER??

Who are you, and why are you posting on my sister's blog??

CuzLilBit said...

And that's the joy of having Robbie and Haley! They know how to do "Lp" and "Kp" (laundry and kitchen patrol!) They take out the trash with their wagon, they vaccuum for me, they remind me to say prayers with them, they come and check up on me when I don't feel well. They keep each other company. I am so glad to have them! I know exactly how you feel! Love, CuzLilBit

CuzLilBit said...

Whoops, vacuum, I mean! And guess what! The wind here sounds like Hurricane Hannah! Supposed to get some bad after Christmas storms in Ark. Lilbit

Mom in 2 said...

CuzLilBit - you think its good now, wait until they can drive!