Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

To all you Moms out there - Happy Mother's Day! My day started off with breakfast in bed - oatmeal with peanut butter and protein powder plus some of those fresh strawberries. Might not sound too appealing but it was delicious and it is what I typically have for breakfast.






I also came downstairs to a beautiful vase of yellow lilies - so bright and sunny - it just made my day.I also had the nicest card from Hollywood and G-Man has sent me a card as well with just the most lovely words. He also sent something to me that has yet to arrive. What more could a Mom ask for?


Thanks to my sister, here is photograph of my mother at age 21.
She died in 1993 at the age of 59. I try not to get sad, but gain strength from her memory. I still miss her terribly.

1 comment:

CuzLilBit said...

I have had to catch up on my blog reading as we have been in Colorado camping this last week. I saw the picture of your mom on Annette's blog and it brings back the memory of that huge portrait that hung in MawMaw's house. She was just a spectacular lady. I think about her so often....wishing I could talk to her about her life. She was strong and a pioneer to me. Love, E.